As I understand the greylisting concept in spamdyke there are generated
zero-length entries for 1st connection. And, if there later comes in a further
connection the ip address is filled into this file.

Now, my problem is, that the greylisting directories fills up with millions of
entries. That are heavy loaded servers, so to get best performance all these is
done within a tmpfs filesystem in ram (/var/qmail/spamdyke/). This works really
fine, but I became the problem that this fs runs out of free inodes. We ran the
script 'qtp-prune-graylist' to clear the greylist diretory every hour. My
question is:

Why are the 0-Byte-Files (no second connection comes in ever) laying around in
the same way as directories and used files ? Would'nt it make sense to delete
these empty greylisting files much more earlies than those diretories or used
files ? I change the 'qtp-prune-graylist' script to delete zero length files
instead of graylist-max-secs= time after 24h. Is there any argument not to do
this ?

Lutz Petersen