I don't know, I'm just going from my gut feeling here.  Like Eric, I don't have
a script to measure this either.

I just ran a few quick greps on my own server's logs for today and found that
out of 192 unique senders who were graylisted, 145 successfully delivered at
least one message (76%).  The number of rejections due to the DNS filters and
local blacklists were 1218, successful deliveries were 190 (16%).  On one of my
customer's servers (configured very differently from mine), I see 2141
graylisted with 1618 successful (76%).  DNS filters blocked 2039 but those
senders somehow successfully delivered 1381 anyway (68%).  Another server (with
yet another configuration) shows 1560 graylisted with 1411 successes (90%).
DNS filters blocked 5937 but those senders successfully delivered 4392 (74%).

What does all that mean?  I have no idea -- remember what Mark Twain said about
statistics.  I didn't do anything to match senders to recipients, check if the
messages were actually spam, allow for frequent senders or mailing lists, check
if the rejections came before or after the successes, etc.  (For that matter,
I'm not even completely sure my search commands were written correctly.)  Also,
since the DNS filters kick in before graylisting does, it's impossible to say
how the graylisting percentage would change if I turned off all the DNS
filters.  Until those factors are accounted for, the numbers don't actually
mean anything.  Hopefully Eric's script will allow for all that (assuming he's
writing one). :)

-- Sam Clippinger