I've been testing spamdyke's auth capabilities a little, anticipating
using it to enforce encrypted passwords (when that feature comes
available). While doing so, I came across what I think is a bug.

When the access-file parameter is specified:
access-file=/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp
then my spamassassin doesn't scan. I believe this is because spamdyke is
setting the RELAYCLIENT variable, which is what qmail's smtp-auth also
does, causing spamassassin scanning to be bypassed.

Here is the tail end of my tcp.smtp file (there are more addresses
listed above):
192.223.243.129-140:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue",NOP0FCHECK="1"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

BL, it appears that RELAYCLIENT is always being set when the access-file
parameter is given. I believe it should only be set when a matching line
in the tcp.smtp file contains the RELAYCLIENT variable (or when the
client has authenticated).

If this cannot be done in spamdyke, perhaps there's another way for
simscan to control when spamassassin is invoked. I'd rather not go there
though, as I'm anticipating using amavisd-new at some point.

Thanks for your great work, Sam.

--
-Eric 'shubes'