This keeps coming up and there doesn't appear to be a good fix for it within
spamdyke.  I posted a patch to fix simscan here:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/spamdyke-users@spamdyke.org/msg03036.html

As for not setting the RELAYCLIENT variable unless the user authenticates,
unfortunately that isn't possible:
        http://www.spamdyke.org/documentation/FAQ.html#SUGGESTION8

-- Sam Clippinger