It came from pure desperation.  IP filtering wasn't doing the trick for me, so
I started paying attention to the rDNS names and checking out their websites.
When I saw the same site again and again, I knew I had a way to stop them.
Then I also noticed that a lot of identical sites were hosted on IPs in the
same subnets, so I extended the script to search out neighboring IPs.  It works
pretty well.

The script generates entries in a blacklist directory structure, not a file, so
the number of blacklist entries shouldn't be a problem.  Because each entry is
a separate file, you could write a very simple script to automatically delete
any files older than X days.  That would make them automatically expire.

-- Sam Clippinger