See arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c, we translate all of the structures on the way in and out of userspace when 64-bit kernel runs 32-bit applications.

Hmm - I don't really get the point - would you mind explaining a little?

Is it the following lines or did I overlook anything:

#define COMPATIBLE_IOCTL(cmd) HANDLE_IOCTL((cmd),sys_ioctl)
#define HANDLE_IOCTL(cmd,handler) { (cmd), (ioctl32_handler_t)(handler), NULL },
#define IOCTL_TABLE_START \
struct ioctl_trans ioctl_start[] = {
#define IOCTL_TABLE_END \
};

and the following table generated using these defines?

Thanks,
Michael
-