Dear listmembers,
took me some time to come back into track. According to Dave one could replace

in arch/sparc64/kernel/sys_sparc32.c:
asmlinkage int sys32_get_kernel_syms(struct kernel_sym32 *table)
{
        int len, i;
        struct kernel_sym *tbl;
        mm_segment_t old_fs;

        len = sys_get_kernel_syms(NULL);
        if (!table) return len;
        tbl = kmalloc (len * sizeof (struct kernel_sym), GFP_KERNEL);

by:

        if (!table) return len;
        tbl = compat_alloc_user_space (len * sizeof (strict kernel_sym));

or ist there a caveat because I do not specify GFP_KERNEL to allow sleeping for
that?
Many thanks for any inputs,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza