On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Bob Breuer wrote:

Bob Breuer wrote:

My suspicion is that highmem may cause problems. I'll try rearranging the ram this weekend and see if I can make an initrd fail.

Yes, there are problems with highmem on hypersparcs.

Hi Bob,

I've tried disabling CONFIG_HIGHMEM, but even after that I was able to trigger the filesystem corruption. As we were not able to find a combination of options/patches which would make it run without crashing, there are currently no plans to build 2.6.12 sparc32 kernel images for Debian.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-