From: Meelis Roos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:50:31 +0300 (EEST)

> Todays 2.6.13-rc6+git tree has broken many modules with warning like
> this on sparc64:
> *** Warning: "current_thread_info_reg" [drivers/net/ppp_deflate.ko] undefined!
>
> These warnings don't go away after make clean.

What does the compiler spit out when drivers/net/ppp_deflate.o
is being built?

It is declared in include/asm-sparc64/thread_info.h quite plainly:

register struct thread_info *current_thread_info_reg asm("g6");

I've seen this before, but I have no idea why it keeps coming up
or what causes it as I've never triggered it myself.

Perhaps it's toolchain dependent, thus some binutils or gcc
bug.
-