On 23:02 Fri 06 Jul     , David Miller wrote:

> > Seems that your patch was not the only related change between -rc4 and -rc5.
> > Anyway, X still doesn't work with -rc5 so probably problem is somewhere
> > else. I sent you privately strace logs for X with 2.6.22-rc5.
>
> Some more progress, there seems to be code in the X server that
> hard-codes the I/O and MEM space sizes based upon the PCI
> IDs of the Sun PCI host controller.  Barf...
>
> Does it make further progress with the following patch?

Well, no. I applied it against -rc7 and Xorg still doesn't work (as far as
I can tell by its console output - until tomorrow I have only remote access
to my U10). Sent you another portion of logs.
Just in case, here's results from your testcase program:

vanilla 2.6.22-rc7:
x0:0x8e100080
x8:0x00000006

2.6.22-rc7 + patch: