From: Dmitry Artamonow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:05:08 +0400

> On 23:02 Fri 06 Jul     , David Miller wrote:
> >
> > > Seems that your patch was not the only related change between -rc4 and
> > > -rc5.
> > > Anyway, X still doesn't work with -rc5 so probably problem is somewhere
> > > else. I sent you privately strace logs for X with 2.6.22-rc5.
> >
> > Some more progress, there seems to be code in the X server that
> > hard-codes the I/O and MEM space sizes based upon the PCI
> > IDs of the Sun PCI host controller.  Barf...
> >
> > Does it make further progress with the following patch?
> >
> Well, no. I applied it against -rc7 and Xorg still doesn't work (as far as
> I can tell by its console output - until tomorrow I have only remote access
> to my U10). Sent you another portion of logs.
> Just in case, here's results from your testcase program:
>
> vanilla 2.6.22-rc7:
> x0:0x8e100080
> x8:0x00000006
>
> 2.6.22-rc7 + patch:
> x0:0x8e100020
> x8:0x00000000

Something is very very wrong.  That's the last thing in the world my
patch should cause to happen.  rc4 to rc5 also contained no changes
that should have made that problem go away, so something else
is afoot.

I have X fully working on my ultra5 with a one-line patch to
Ubuntu-feisty's xserver source tree which should be entirely
irrelevant to your cases.

I've tried everything to reproduce that test program failure on
any of my systems and I can't, so could you do some detective
work to try and see if maybe it's PREEMPT or a miscompile or
something like that?

I'm out of ideas, so your help in doing the debugging to figure
out where this comes from since I can't make it happen here is
appreciated :-)
-