Hi all,
Following that note about audio on in the 2.0.xx kernels, and my recent
download
of 2.2.6, I thought I'd try to get the audio on my SPARCStation 20 going..

Now historically I have not had much luck, and I really wouldn't consider
myself anything
of a kernel hacker, but looking through dbri.c in the "Interface with
sparcaudio midlevel"
section I notice a number of files with quasi-english names like
dbri_set_output_volume
and the like with nothing other than "return 0". I would guess from this and
the otherwise
quite full code in that file that the user level interfaces have not been
written yet.

Anyway, basically I would like to know what stage the audio support is at,
particularly with
respect to the DBRI. What can I do, if anything, to help? The box is an SS20
with 2x SuperSparc50
chips and a wad'o RAM.

Also, I notice that the Lance NIC automatically selects the AUI port rather
than TPE
after issuing "eth0: using auto-carrier detection". Is there a way, either
in the config
or the prom to tell the driver to use TPE by default?

Regards,

Paul

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to