Except for this "me too" message, I have not seen any response to this
question. 

Bob
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:00:48 -0500 (CDT)
From: [deleted]
To: Bob Van Cleef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SS5 monitor goes offline...

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Bob Van Cleef wrote:

> 
> I'm running RedHat 5.2 with the AnotherLevel window manager.
> There are two problems, one an irritation, the other a major bug.
> 
> 1 = I haven't figured out how to change the timing for putting
>     the monitor to sleep. (I have a standard Sun 17" monitor.)
>     This is irritating, but livable.
> 
> 2 = Every now and then, the monitor goes to sleep and doesn't
>     wake up.  You can log into the system, look around, and
>     do almost anything, but the monitor will not wake up.
> 
>     You can even hit L1-A and kill the system, but the monitor
>     stays dead until you reboot it.

        This happens to some of my Sparc users too.  It seems to be
random.  I am using XDM and fvwm2, for the most part.  I can telnet into
the affected machine, but can't bring the video back online without a
reboot.   If you hear anything, could you let me know?  I haven't had a
chance to fiddle with SparcLinux much, since we only have about 5 machines 
running it.  

        [deleted]

> > This never happened running RedHat 4.2...
> 
> Bob
> ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>
> Bob Van Cleef, Member of Technical Staff         (408) 734-8100
> MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.         FAX (408) 734-8136
> 475 Potrero Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   


-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to