As a work-around I ran:
        > xset  -dpms
        > xset s off

and now, at least, the screen does not blank everytime I turn around
and the monitor is not being put to sleep... never to awaken.

Bob
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Bob Van Cleef wrote:

> 
> More information on the SS5 monitor going offline.  It happened again
> yesterday, after being up about a week, with many different programs open
> in various windows.
> 
> Telneting into the system and running top I observed that "X" was getting
> approx. 96% of the CPU...  After playing around with many, various things,
> I finally (as root) kill -9'd the X process.
> 
> THIS COMPLETELY HUNG THE SYSTEM!  My telnet session ended.  The system no
> longer responded to ping.  The monitor remained offline.  L1-A produced no
> response.  I ended up power cycling the box...
> 

Bob
><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>  ><>
Bob Van Cleef, Member of Technical Staff         (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.         FAX (408) 734-8136
475 Potrero Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086   [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to