> 
>      Hello All, I have turned on the ide-scsi emulation & rebuilt
>      the kernel & rebooted , it shows the below but no devices 
>      attached .  Do I have to turn off IDE-cdrom ? As all I really
>      need is the cdrom on the adapter so I can burn cd's here .
>           Tia,  JimL
> 
> scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
> scsi : 1 host.
> scsi : detected total.

I haven't tried this on SPARC, only i386, but I would bet that it will
be quite similar.  You must prevent the ide-cdrom driver from detecting
the CDROM R/W.  You can do this by not including the driver when recompiling
the kernel, but a quicker way is to reserve the device on the kernel's command
line.  I have (on my i386's) lilo.conf:

        append="hdc=ide-scsi"

which works in my case.  Silo should be able to do the same.  Give it a try.

Regards,
RH.

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to