On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 05:27:43PM -0700, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> 
>       Hello All, I have turned on the ide-scsi emulation & rebuilt
>       the kernel & rebooted , it shows the below but no devices 
>       attached .  Do I have to turn off IDE-cdrom ? As all I really
>       need is the cdrom on the adapter so I can burn cd's here .
>               Tia,  JimL
> 
> scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
> scsi : 1 host.
> scsi : detected total.

Yes, build ide-cdrom as a module (or not at all) and also compile SCSI
cdrom support. IMO, you are better off building ide-scsi, ide-cdrom and
the scsi-cdrom as modules, so you can load and unload at will.

Ben

-- 
 -----------=======-=-======-=========-----------=====------------=-=------
/  Ben Collins  --  ...on that fantastic voyage...  --  Debian GNU/Linux   \
`  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  '
 `---=========------=======-------------=-=-----=-===-======-------=--=---'
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to