"Daniel E. Jackson" wrote:
> 
> All,
> 
> I can't get this to work in sparc linux or x86.
> 
> The autofs(5) page says that direct maps are not supported.
> So, in /etc/auto.master, this will not work:
> 
> /gf     antares:/export/sw/gf
> 
> And they are right...
> 
> but if I use an auto.misc map:
> 
> #/etc/auto.misc
> gf      antares:/export/sw/gf
> 
> and put this in auto.master:
> 
> /misc   /etc/auto.misc
> 
> (per examples!) it doesn't work either.  ( I figured I'd link to /gf from /misc/gf
> but it didn't work...)  I am reduced to mounting direct mounts from /etc/fstab.
>  (ackkkk)

That works fine for me.

/etc/auto.master:
-----------------
/mnt    /etc/auto.mnt
/export /etc/auto.export

/etc/auto.export (partial):
---------------------------
ak00    -hard   ak:/export/ak00
ak01    -hard   ak:/export/ak01
ar00    -hard   ar:/export/ar00
ar01    -hard   ar:/export/ar01

/etc/auto.export is generated from a NIS map
using cron to keep it up to date. All the
filesystems are nfs exports from Solaris-2.6
and HPUX-10.20 systems, though older versions
worked before.

This worked in RedHat6.0 on a Sparc-10
and RedHat 5.0-6.2 an x86.

when you start autofs, is /mnt created?
what does mount show? You should see
something like:
automount(pid712) on /mnt type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=712,minproto=2,maxproto=3)

If those are there, check syslogd output when you do
'ls /mnt/gf'. Untill you access /mnt/gf directly to
mount it, 'ls /mnt' won't show the gf directory. When
the mount times-out, the gf directory will be gone again.

        -Thomas


        -Thomas
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to