All, 

I can't get this to work in sparc linux or x86.  

The autofs(5) page says that direct maps are not supported.
So, in /etc/auto.master, this will not work:

/gf     antares:/export/sw/gf

And they are right...

but if I use an auto.misc map:

#/etc/auto.misc
gf      antares:/export/sw/gf

and put this in auto.master:

/misc   /etc/auto.misc

(per examples!) it doesn't work either.  ( I figured I'd link to /gf from /misc/gf but 
it didn't work...)  I am reduced to mounting direct mounts from /etc/fstab.  (ackkkk)

Indirect maps work fine, nis is working, etc.  Am I just being stupid or are we stuck 
with this for now?

Regards,
Dan
-- 
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
======================================================================
Daniel E. Jackson                Schlumberger GeoQuest/System Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               Voice: (713) 513-2170 
======================================================================
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to