Y, I have wine working with msconvert from proteowizard.

# NOT COVERED: You need to install wine as per you linux distro
# Then use winetricks to get some deps
curl -O http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
chmod 755 winetricks
./winetricks winxp
./winetricks vcrun2008
./winetricks dotnet20

# then get msfilereader from thermo
curl -O
http://sjsupport.thermofinnigan.com/software/msfilereader_ver-13_04-14-2009_Setup.zip
unzip msfilereader_ver-13_04-14-2009_Setup.zip
wine msiexec /q  /i /msfilereader_ver-13_04-14-2009_Setup/setup_msi/
thermo\ install.msi

# then get the latest windows version of pwiz
curl -L  -o pwiz.zip
http://sourceforge.net/projects/proteowizard/files/proteowizard/1.6.0/pwiz-1.6.0-tools-windows-i386.zip/download
unzip -d pwiz pwiz.zip

You then run msconvert.exe like so

wine pwiz/msconvert.exe MyRawFile.RAW

Here is an example outputting 32 bit intensity compressing all binary
data arrays

wine pwiz/msconvert.exe --int32 -z MyRawFile.RAW

-angel