Chris,

Try setting the "msms_run_summary base_name" and "search_summary base_name"
to the name of the mzXML file.  In your example below, have both
"base_name=e120823DC_EC_04"and make sure e120823DC_EC_04.mzXML exists in
the same directory as the interact.pep.xml.

See if that works to allow you to view the spectra.