Hello John,

Thank you for your question.

NSP in iProphet looks at all proteins that a given peptide matches, it then
sums the probabilities of all the other peptides that match the same
protein.  For a given peptide it then takes as the NSP the maximum such sum
over all the proteins matched. It is a bit different from NSP in
ProteinProphet since in ProteinProphet a given peptide has a different NSP
in each protein it appears.

-David