Sure thing.

And to answer your original question: there is a command-line tool in TPP
called batchcoverage (look in the bin/ directory) that calculates this
residue coverage -- and is the one used by ProteinProphet to populate that
attribute in protXML.

It needs an input file of the form:
>PROTEIN_1
PEPTIDE
ANOTHERONE
ANDTHISONE
>PROTEIN_2
ELVIS
WASHERE
>PROTEIN_3

And you run it by providing a reference fasta file location and output file
name, like this:

The output file will contain a 2-column list of <protein> <coverage> values.

Hope this helps, and stay tuned for updates!
--Luis