Hopefully you get what you need from David's response.  But just to
clarify, XPRESS writes out both peak_intensity and peak_area when it runs.
So if you do see the "peak_intensity" column in the pepXML Viewer, go to
the "Pick Columns" tab  and select "peak_area" as a column to display.
More than anything, I'm just curious if you are able to display the
precursor "peak_area" by selecting that column with your existing analysis.