Jilayne Lovejoy wrote at 01:07 (EDT) on Thursday:
> yes, I actually agree.  I have long thought that the short identifiers
> would be better served as: GPL-2.0+ and GPL-2.0-only

I could live with that, although the .0 makes no sense there, IMO, and I
really do like the format that FSF standardized long before SPDX started
to use "GPLv2" rather than "GPL-2".

That said, there is no specific reason other than aesthetics to prefer
GPLv2 over GPL-2.

I also like -or-later better than +, mainly because + reads like a
regular expression shorthand of some sort.  But, that too, is probably
aesthetics only.

--
   -- bkuhn