Good points.

On #1, if I publish the web pages to spdx.org/licenses/preview a manual review
of the license text could be performed - a bit labor intensive, but possible.

I like the idea of #2 - It would require maintaining the original text files
along with the XML for test purposes.  We could put those in a folder
"license-texts" named by license ID (e.g. Apache-1.0.txt).  This could be
easily populated from the text files in the current repository.

The code used to build the website files already does quite a few integrity
checks for the license metadata.  It would be an easy addition to verify the
text matches for the produced license templates.

In terms of automating the process, we could use Travis-ci to automate the
build/test.  I need to research how to accomplish this since this isn't your
standard Java or Python project.  If there are any travis-ci or Maven experts
on the distribution list, any help on this would be appreciated.

Gary