Hi All,

On a previous meeting and then on the mailing list, we had been talking about
revising the text at the top of the exceptions page
https://spdx.org/licenses/exceptions-index.html
<https://spdx.org/licenses/exceptions-index.html> to be a bit more explanatory.
 Thanks to help from Bradley K. in pulling together all the various
suggestions, here is the result.  I think this is good to go.

The SPDX License List includes a list of exceptions. These exceptions grant an
exception to a license condition or additional permissions beyond those granted
in a license; they are not stand-alone licenses. Exceptions are added to a
license using the License Expression Syntax operator "WITH.”

if someone has a burning objection to this, say so, otherwise, I’ll update the
page after the next meeting.

Thanks,
Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team co-lead