We've discussed this previously (at my suggestion on behalf of the Eclipse
Foundation).

My recollection is that it was decided that SPDX would not add EDL-1.0 or
any other licenses based on the BSD-3-Clause template because doing so
would set a precedent drawing in literally hundreds of other licenses based
on that template.

For Eclipse projects that use EDL-1.0, we just use BSD-3-Clause as the SPDX
code.

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.