McCoy's topic reminds me of a question I asked here some time ago:
https://lists.spdx.org/g/Spdx-legal/message/2706?p=%2C%2C%2C20%2C0%2C0%2C0%3A%3Arecentpostdate%2Fsticky%2C%2Ccomposite%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C68280619

I wasn't really satisfied with that discussion; I was left feeling
that in some situations (perhaps rare in practice, admittedly) there
is a loss of useful information when you replace a set of license
notice strata in a source file with a conjunctive expression in an
SPDX-License-Identifier: statement. McCoy's question seems to be a
little different though.

Richard