I think it'd be better to have a CC0+Patent. I've raised that concept with them
a couple of times, but they were too busy or didn't have the internal consensus
to do something like that, although I tried again recently with their new
General Counsel so there may be again hope they'd pick it up.

As highly as I think of myself (as perhaps you Sebastian do of yourself), I
kind of feel like if it's just two people on the internet putting something
together it might not have as much traction as if a well-respected copyright
freedom-respecting non-profit did it instead.