Dear David,

In message <9f8e44bc27e22046b84ec1b9364c66a1a8054aa...@exch07-4850.ida.org> you
wrote:

> SPDX-License-Identifier:  LGPL-2.1 OR MPL-1.1
> In general, we all want both simplicity (so people will USE it) and
> expressiveness (so it can be USEFUL). The trick is getting there...

I dislike this idea.  Combining alternative liceses (where the user
can chose any of them) by anyhting alse but an "OR" does not make
sense.  I cannot imagine how you woudl apply two licesnese (like, say,
GPL and BSD) simultaneously.

Also, in the interest of easy processing of the license tags, I wouls
like to propse that multiple licenses in a list are separated by white
space only - no "OR", no commas, nor any other artificial delimiters
that will only make parsing the information more difficult.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
Every revolutionary idea - in science, politics, art, or  whatever  -
evokes three stages of reaction in a hearer:
  1. It is completely impossible - don't waste my time.
  2. It is possible, but it is not worth doing.
  3. I said it was a good idea all along.