I think using a package where you can't determine the version is a very bad
idea. So adding NOASSERTION is sending a message that determining the
version isn't that important. It is very important!

Whilst I appreciate that it maybe difficult in some cases to find all the
details required for a package, I think we need to encourage behaviour
where we expect the metadata for a package to be complete.

Just my opinion...

Anthony