From: Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org <Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org> On Behalf Of Brandon
Lum via lists.spdx.org
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2023 10:38 AM
To: Gary O'Neall <g...@sourceauditor.com>
<Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org>; Emrick Donadei <edona...@google.com>; Tyler Pirtle
<r...@google.com>
Subject: Re: [spdx-tech] NOASSERTION on PackageVersion field

I think one follow-up question is around whether it is recognized in the
specification.. For example, package supplier
(https://spdx.github.io/spdx-spec/v2.3/package-information/#75-package-supplier-field)
 it is stated clearly that NOASSERTION is within the format, but not in the
case of VersionInfo

I think the question is NOASSERTION usable in any text field? Or does there
need to be explicit indication within the spec where a NOASSERTION can be used?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 1:22 PM Gary O'Neall <g...@sourceauditor.com