From: Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org <Spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org> On Behalf Of
Oliver Fendt via lists.spdx.org
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2024 12:48 AM
To: spdx-tech@lists.spdx.org
Subject: [spdx-tech] easy and simple way to express licenses in
subdirectories

Dear Folks,

I have a simple question and I am wondering whether you can help me.

Sometimes you find in a package (lets assume the declared license is A) in
some subdirectory (lets assume SUB-DIR-X) a README file with the following
wording: "the files in this directory are licensed under license C", but
none of the files in this directory contain any license information and do
not contain any reference to the README file in this directory.

Is there an easy and simple way to express this in spdx 2.3 and in spdx 3.0
(but 2.3 is currently more important)

Thank you very much

Ciao

Oliver