On 2-Feb-07, at 12:04 PM, john kemp wrote:
> Johnny Bufu wrote:
>>> If the OP has stolen the user's credentials, it can just say
>>> "phishable
>>> = no" and pass its assertion regarding those credentials to the RP.
>>
>> And the RP (being now a legitimate one), will perform verification on
>> the assertion and will fail as it is not coming from the legitimate /
>> authoritative OP.
>
> Sure, but then the (former) rogue OP will take the user's credentials
> and log in, as the user, at the user's real OP (which will be
> authoritative). The OP will assert that the user is logged in, and
> that
> the credentials weren't phished.

Then the real OP is obviously wrong, since the authentication was
phished.

If the authentication mechanism is phishable, a good OP is supposed
to say "phishable=yes". Otherwise it is cheating the user's trust.

>> Since the "rogue OP" is not authoritative for the phished user at any
>> other RP, I rather see it as an extension of the rogue RP; it's
>> basically the rogue RP that's proxying the output from the legitimate
>> OP, so in a sense there's no real "rogue OP".
>
> Yes, I see your point, but after the OP is no longer rogue (is "just a
> user"), it has both the user's OpenID and her credentials.

But it won't be able to login to RPs that enforce "phishable=no",
since the assertions will be coming from the real OP (which should
say "phishable=yes").

Johnny