Recordon, David wrote:
> Well there already is the Yadis spec.  Maybe the Yadis spec remains
> separate versus becoming part of the OASIS XRI Resolution document?

The XRDS-related parts of the Yadis specification seem to duplicate
requirements from XRI Resolution chapter 3.

In the interests of avoiding redundancy, I'd suggest the following
distinction:
  1. XRI Resolution chapter 3 (or a separate spin-off spec) describes
the syntax of an XRDS document.
  2. Yadis describes how to obtain an XRDS document for an HTTP or HTTPS
URL.
  3. OpenID Authentication describes how to determine the endpoint URI
and other information from an XRDS document, referencing [1].
  4. The new HTTP discovery specification would reference [2] and [3] to
describe the XRDS-based HTTP discovery mode, and then go on to describe
the HTML-based discovery fallback.

Alternatively, [3] above could be served by a separate spec "OpenID
discovery using XRDS", though I think that may be overkill for something
so straightforward.