On 6/9/07, Martin Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm assuming that the RP authenticates
> http://inconvenient.example.com/0000001, not
> http://impersonation.example.com/mart. Just as with delegation, if I can
> successfully authenticate as the persistent identifier and the
> non-persistent identifier points at the persistent one, we can assume
> that http://impersonation.example.com/mart is "me" as well.

If you agree that:

1. In order to "authenticate as the persistent identifier," discovery
must be done on the persistent identifier

2. In order to determine that "the non-persistent identifier points at
the persistent one," discovery must be done on the non-persistent
identifier.

then two discovery steps are necessary in order to use this scheme.

Josh