If we start the process to form a WG for discovery now, most likely the
process would only be completed in 6 months, even if there was considerable
agreement and stable technologies to draw from.

Right now, there is quite a bit of momentum and excitement about Webfinger.
The XRI TC is hoping to publish draft specs for XRD withing the next 30
days. Concurrently, and in particular after that, it is hoped that progress
on webfinger will be speedy. Webfinger spec discussion may take place at
either XRI TC or IETF.

Should we just start responding to all threads about OpenID 2.x discovery by
saying that the discussion is taking place at some other mailing list?

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk
+1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)