Hey amigo, thanks for sharing this. I have a few ideas of my own about these developments... namely that less/no funding may actually force artists to make their own work again instead of subcontracting it out to hired labor while bringing about the death of the artist as hands-clean conceptual engineer and cultural manager, the end of Damien Hirst-esque big-budget hi-tech spectacle, and maybe even the return of "craft" over "concept"... But I haven't given nearly enough shape to these thoughts yet. Your assessment is a good starting point for these meditations, however.

Cheers!
Derek