hello everyone,

sorry for the very late invite tomorrow is INFRA: Processing Community Day
Aarhus @ DIDAKTEKET

please see more info here: https://pcdaarhus.net/

best

Renée

INFRA

Processing Community Day (PCD) is an event initiated by The Processing
Foundation <https://processingfoundation.org/>, involving local communities
around the world in organizing a one-day event celebrating and exploring art,
code and diversity.

The theme of this year's PCD @Aarhus is “INFRA”, pointing to the explorative
and the curious. The history and development of information technologies is
very much a story of “hyper” — of technological infrastructures that exist
somewhere above and beyond. Currently, with the advancement of AI, new
computational abstractions are mapping and affecting our lives, stretching far
beyond our ability to comprehend them.

However, it’s important to emphasize that we do understand some foundational
proportions of computation. There are things we can know and understand about
our technologies. Now is the time to go “infra” instead of “hyper” — to try and
look under and into the technological abstractions, infrastructures and data
practices to explore how we can build technologies that serve and make us
better.

Processing Community Day Aarhus invites everyone to come explore new ways to
look at art, code and technology. PCD presents five researchers and
practitioners, each with their own perspective on the theme of “INFRA”. Come
join us for an amazing day in Aarhus! — and bring your laptop ...

Speakers + Workshop leads

Honey Biba Beckerlee / Arnar Ómarsson / Jussi Parikka / Renée Ridgway / Richard
Vijgen / Markus Alexander Mejer Bjerremand & Signe Regin Runge-Dalager

https://pcdaarhus.net/