It seems to me that a fully random RPS player would have exactly 50% 
chance to win every game, and thus the same chance as any other player 
to win a tournament. In other words, if 100 players enter a tournament, 
a random player will have exactly 1% chance to win it. Or is that wrong 
in some way??

I used to have an inactive link to a RPS page I planned to build on my 
site, but after several years I abandoned the project. It would be very 
cool to build something that tracked people's patterns and used them 
against them, and I know that is very feasible, but OTOH, all that 
brilliance can be semi-thwarted by such a simple counter strategy, and 
that was part of why I lost interest.

Though actual human people are incapable of being 100% random, but 
you'd probably have to play pretty long games to exploit unconscious 
non randomness.

/Lars

On Nov 15, 2005, at 10:00, mike_go_uk wrote:

> Obviously you cannot second-guess /random/ coin flips, any more than
> you can second-guess a random RPS player.  (But remember that the
> random player won't win an RPS tournament.)
>
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense."
                                  --- John McCarthy

Lars Petrus - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lar5.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to