Hey everyone, Yeah Craig beat me to the punch :-D
I was showing Craig some F2L tricks, and I speedsolved this scramble before we ran through it together so I could say what I realistically did while speedsolving. Watch out for Craig man, his F2L is getting very very nice :-) Yes that was my F2L, and the LL is a P OLL case and the 7 PLL case. Here is how I executed it to solve in 6.72 seconds: y' L (B') (R D2) R y (L' U2) (L' U L U' L') [U' d'] (R U R') d (R U' R2) d' (L' U L) [d U] (R U2) (R' F R U R' U') (R' F' R2 U') That's a sustained 5.5 moves per second turning rate :-D It surprised me that a Fridrich solve could be sub-7 seconds with practice. Though there's no way that could be done with a high-30 move solution as a real solve though. I was turning so fast I couldn't even follow the pieces, I was just acting on muscle memory. My 7 PLL is low 2.xx on a good execution, so often I was getting the F2L and OLL in 4 seconds, so I imagine I was doing F2L in 3 seconds sometimes :-D That is of course from muscle memory, but it was nice to have a horrible LL lockup, and still get an 8 second solve :-D I can definitely see how I can speed up my F2L after doing this though. Try executing it that way and see what you think, it's craaaaaazy fast. Chris --- In [email protected], "Craig Bouchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > The Scramble for just to remember: > L2 D' B' U2 B L2 R2 D F D U R2 F R' F U' R U' L' D2 B2 L' B R D' > > Since my LL sucks, I'll do my F2L solution... > > Xcross: B R' F D2 F L' > Second Pair (BL): U2 L' U L U' L' > Third Pair (BR): U' d' R U R' > Fourth Pair (FR): d R U' R' > (this was the solution I came up with (i'm still learning F2L) and > Chris (Hardwick) said that it was exactly how he solved it, to the > move, and yah...) > > I count...21 using HTM (i think) > > Now everyone can see how horrible my LL is :D And for everyone's > knowledge (and you can ask Chris if you doubt me) I found about 12 > different ways of executing the LL here using my method...So I might > as well list as many as I can think of... > > 1: z U' R U R F R2 F' R' U' R U z' M' U' M U2 M' U' M U' y' x' R2 D2 > R' U' R D2 R' U R' x' F2 D' L' R F2 R' L D' F2 (41 HTM) > Some of the parts in this can be done in different orders...it really > doesn't matter and it accounts for I believe 1 or 2 different ways... > > 2: z U' R U R F R2 F' R' U' R U z' U x' z2 R U' R D2 R' U R D2 R2 x y2 > r U R' U' M U R U' R' x' R U' R' U D R' D U' R' U R D2 F (44 HTM) > why am i doing this ugh... > > 3: z U' R U R F R2 F' R' U' R U z' y' M' U M U2 M' U M U' x' R2 D2 R' > U' R D2 R' U R' x' y' F2 D L' R F2 R' L D F2 (42 HTM) > > 4: z x U' R2 U R U' R U x2 z y R' D' R D' R' D2 R x2 R U R' U' M' U R > U' r' U x' z2 R2 D2 R' U' R D2 R' U R' z' R U' R' U D R' D U' R' U R > D2 F (47 HTM) > > I'll save you all the troubles of trying more and me the trouble of > typing them out...Could someone post a good LL to this solve for me to > try???(using my F2L) > > Thanx Craig > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
