> FWIW I don't understand it either. But I can try running the downloads again
> &
> again & it always timesout until I unplug, rmmod & plug it back in again. I
> know
> Benoits drivers dont' do anything expcept access the USB via procusb (devio.c
> in
> the kernel source), which is why I suspect a generic problem with the USB
> drivers
> themselves. Especially since the usb-uhci drivers appear to be much more
> stable
> with this than the usb-ohci (My laptop & your BP6 both use the BX chipset
> from
> Intel. Hence the usb-uhci drivers. My other two boxes though use the usb-ohci
> module because they have Opti (Belkin), Via (VP6 (On Board) and some other
> chipset on the Aptiva that I can't remmeber the name of...)

My personal opinions is nearly the same (personal only). I think:

- linux USB support (usb-uhci, usb-ohci & uhci) were not designed with an
application like ADSL is mind. ADSL requires low-latency and fast processing.

- linux USB support lacks from some functions (interrupt endpoint handling?)

It explains why some people get better results when the rmmod/insmod usb-XXX,
which may require to unplug your modem or kill some programs or whatever is
needed to put the Linux system in a clean state.

If someone knowns workaround, bugs in linux-usb or how my driver should handle
that, feel free to inform the list! A public cvs on sourceforge.net will be
setup in few days (I hope) for people wanting to get involve in the
developement.

Benoit

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe