> I can't get pppoa2 or pppoa3 to run from pppd. The error
> each time is:
>
> Oct 24 15:27:34 localhost pppoa3[6464]: pusb_claim_interface 1 failed

This is usually due to an existing ppoa running with the USB interface
claimed. Are you sure the message your seeing isn't from a respawned
pppoa?

Check ps ax before calling pppd to see if its running.

> The error code is EBUSY.
>
> After extensively tracing through the code & kernel, I can't see
> why this should be. "modem_run" seems to release the interface OK,
> and so pppoa{2,3} ought to be able to claim the interface afterwards,
> but clearly they can't.
>
> Any thoughts? I'm interested in contacting anyone who has successfully
> used the Benoit driver to drive this modem in the UK.

There are a lot it works for fine so I'm assuming its something strange
about your setup. I run pppoa3 on BTO and get 10days+ fine and I've
spoken to a fair number who have it working.

Don't worry, we will get you working to in a mo :-)

> Is there a way to query the kernel to find out if an interface is
> currently claimed, and by whom?

Not as far as I know, but do look for rouge pppoa's

> Is there a way to forcefully release a USB device?
>
> Kernel is Red Hat 7.1's standard 2.4.2-2.

Kernel looks a bit old (and isn't listed in linux-doc/results). I would
suggest a more upto date kernel for starters (or a stable 2.2.17+
kernel).

A few more details would be nice, see question 5 of the FAQ for what is
helpful. (the FAQ is in the source distribution under doc-linux.)

Alex.

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe