On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 08:23:12AM +0100, alex wrote:

> I am slightly confused because I assumed BSD used GNU Make as well. If
> not could someone point me to which make they use and I'll try and make
> it portable between the two. Otherwise its time for a Makefile.in and
> another autoconf test.
I just have another idea that could be nice for both side :
we make a swith in the autoconf like what we do with doc.
So imagine OS=@something@ where something will return BSD or Linux
Then we add at the end of the Makefile a :
include Makefile.$(OS)
(so of course we add files : Makefile.Linux and Makefile.BSD)
And then, you put the old version of rpm build that was working with
gmake in it. So you are happy with you Gmake and i am happy not having
GNU stuff and rpm either. (and maybe you can also Add the SysV stuff in
it but i think it would be better in the doc)

I can do that today if you want.

--
Francois Rogler