On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:51:21PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -- Apologies if this went twice but having trouble with my email atm...
>
> Couple of questions/queries...
>
> Firstly: I can't seem to make adsl restart after a disconnection:
>
> ADSL starts up nicely and internet access is obtained. Several days later, adsl line
>is dropped (still need to investigate exactly why, but...). If I try to restart
>(usually just ppp has disappeared and modem_run is still there) either by restarting
>ppp or by first killing modem_run and starting both processes, I rarely get through.
>If I reboot the box everything works perfectly again.

As i just answered to someone, you can't run modem_run if you already
launched it. Modem is already initialized and won't accept that you try
to init it again. Just launching ppp should be enought. If you are with
1.1rc2, you can try to grab the modem_run.c from 1.0 and compile again.

> Why is this, and is there some way I can kill or reset whatever it is that's
>sticking around?
The only way to reset is to unplug the modem, or unload usb.

> Secondly, I can't get adsl to work on bootup.
>
> If I allow the box to reboot fully, login as me, su to root and run the
>modem_run/ppp script everything works, but if I put the same call in
>/usr/local/etc/rc.d/adsl.sh, it doesn't work.

And if you launch the script manually ? does it work ?

--
Francois Rogler