On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 17:11, Lee Bohan wrote:

> > Can you post what your ppp peer file config so we can look at it?
>
> Here it is:

Ok. Comparing with mine (I'm on BTO as well).

> #
> # This file could be rename but its place is under /etc/ppp/peers
> # To connect to Internet using this configuration file
> # pppd call adsl, where "adsl" stands for the name of this file
> #
>
> debug 2
> kdebug 1
> noipdefault
> defaultroute
> pty "/usr/local/sbin/pppoa3 -m 1 -c -vpi 0 -vci 38"
> #pty /usr/local/sbin/pppoa2 -vpi 8 -vci 35"
> sync
> user [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unless things have changed massivly you need to state your home gateway
in the login (check your CHAP/PAP files as well). For example my login
is [EMAIL PROTECTED], I enclose the user in quotes for
extra measure, i.e:

user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

> noauth

Where did this come from, it turns off authentication (see pppd man
page). You should get rid of this.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bennee.com/~alex/