> Starting ADSL conn: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
>  usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x85 len 512 ret -110
>
> Intuitively, I thought this meant the whole thing failed. However, on
> login, I noticed that that I seem to be connecting to the ISP as I've been
> assigned an IP. All the RX/TX packets have errors though.

   I assume you are using a speedtouch 330 (dark purple), not the (now old)
original speedtouch (green).
   Then you are probably not using the latest beta drivers (1.2b1) which
include a few fixes for the CRC errors you seem to get (else we need more
info). Get them from:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=32758&release_id=137302

   (Unfortunately, the web pages only give a link to the 1.2beta1 for debs- a
mistake I guess)

   If this is not enough, or you are using already the 1.2, try using
different microcodes (see the list archive).

        Vincent
--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin
Université Joseph Fourier