Sorry for the not enough info but that was because I uninstalled the kernel,
I reinstalled it to try something and was able to get the log. I´m
using speedtouch-1.2-beta1.tar.gz, also I tried speedtouch-1.2-beta2.tar.gz;
with the same error as follows: ./adsl.sh: line 1:  4057 Segmentation fault
/usr/local/sbin/modem_run -m -f /usr/src/mgmt/mgmt.o
ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          POINTOPOINT NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Regards,
Emad

Duncan Sands wrote:
I have RedHat 9.0 and the speedtouch modem is working perfectly, then I
installed the latest kernel ¨2.4.20-18.9¨ using Redhat update agent,
after I rebooted the machine mgmt.o crashes with segmentation fault (not
sure, may be other fault). I had to revert back to 2.4.20-8 (the original
RedHat 9.0 kernel) and it is working back again. Kernel driver or user space
driver? What do you get in your system logs? Duncan.