> It was changed to endpoint 2 to make the 330 working.

Hi Gilles, I think you are confusing 1 and 2 :)  It used to be
endpoint 2, but was changed to endpoint 1 for the 330 because
endpoint 2 is an isochronous endpoint for 330 modems (and
that doesn't work with the current drivers).  However it was
left at endpoint 2 for older modems.  But in fact endpoint 1
works fine for older modems too (and gives better throughput,
at least theoretically).  The kernel modem uses endpoint 1 for
all modems and that seems to work fine.  So again I ask: what
it the point of using endpoint 2 at all?

All the best,

Duncan.