Hello all,

I've just installed FC2 and Ruaudel FrÃdÃric's rpms. I am not using a
PPPoATM connection as I presume the bundle is directioned to. All worked
smoothly but one thing, which i was expecting but wanted the
confirmation nevertheless. When using the speedtouch kernel driver one
must use br2684ctl instead of pppoa3, right? When I tried running it the
output that appeared was just "tap0" but no interface was created.

Because the firmware is now handled by hotplug, I just grabbed the
br2684ctl utility and ran it. I needed to load the following modules:
'br2684' and 'pppoe'. I've also loaded 'tun' but this was for pppoa3
utility. I have a script for starting speedtouch PPPoE connections, and
I'm using a patched (by me) br2684ctl utility.

Here is the reason of the patch:
http://s1x.homelinux.net/content.php?id=34

Also i would like to know, if, from now on, speedtouch.sf.net drivers
will add support for loading the firmware in an automated way regarding
if the system is using userland or kernel driver like it's currently
doing. If so this will ease the work of my configuration script
(http://s1x.homelinux.net/gpppoe-conf.php) for speedtouch on PPPoE
connections.

A little out of subject note to Ruaudel, have you ever tried running
NVidia drivers with the kernel you built? I have and surprisingly it
freezes when the server starts, any ideas on why this is happening? I've
been browsing google on why the _bundled_ kernel does not work, and
that's because of 4KSTACK enabled in the kernel. Did you enable it in
your kernel?

Thank you developers for your great work on speedtouch drivers and thank
you Ruaudel for your RPM's :)

Tiago Cogumbreiro